Tapan has more than twenty five plus years of experience in Software & Financial Services, spanning a broad range of general management responsibilities including Program Delivery, People Management Client Management and Account Management. Before joining IBM, Tapan has worked with leading software companies like Mastek and Siliverline.
Over last five years he has been leading large accounts like JPMC, iADC4e and Telus within IBM. His domain experience is in retailing, finance, telecom and business applications. He has successfully initiated and managed complex system integration systems and operated in a multi- location delivery centers with complete responsibility of delivery and customer satisfaction.
As an active participant in Senior Leadership activities, Tapan has been part of various share nets within the organization. He has also presented initiatives that has reinforced the use of best HR practices like “Fit for You” .
Apart from being an internal reviewer and auditor Tapan has actively participated in discussions regarding HR processes and brought about changes in the recruitment process plus the Resource & Capacity Management Planning.
He has also been instrumental in training teams across the organizations in retail, distribution & logistics, finance & financial markets, client facing skills, people management, project management, process and methodology adoption like CMMi, OPAL & ITIL as well as technology.
An Engineering Graduate in Computer Science, MBA in Marketing Management followed by Masters in Financial Markets, Tapan started his career working on development of various Network Auditing Products (NLM’s for Network Directory Services), and has worked in various Technology and Leadership positions. He has worked with clients across multiple industries in US, Europe and Japan.
Tapan has led development of several mission critical applications and products to several global clients including J. P. Morgan, NEC and Lieferservice und Logistics GmbH. During his tenure with Mastek, he has successfully helped buildup the German ODC from the new and emerging markets.
Tapan has been certified “Basic Blue People Manager “ and recipient of various high performance awards, share net awards, etc from various organizations that he has worked for till date.
He has been awarded the “Award of Hours” for the best student of the batch in Masters in Financial Markets.
Tapan as well complete his Design Thinking Course from MIT, Blockchain Technology from Blockchain Council and Deep Learning from Great Lakes Institute of Management.
He has been associated with TOI drive for CSR “Teach India” and has trained a batch of students who are targeted to work for retail chain stores and other customer centric services.
Tapan has amiable personality inspiring trust and confidence within his team. He has ability to conceptualize actionable strategies, convert them to programs and track them to completion with a keen eye for detail.
Tapan keeps special interest in hobbies like playing badminton, chess and carom and listening to music in his spare time. Also a travel freak, Tapan has visited quite a few places of interests within and outside India.
1. Senior-level IT professional with 28 years experience and proven track record of applying appropriate, practical technology/mix of technologies blended with management and leadership initiatives that helps meet business needs while minimizing risks.
2. Motivated achiever with demonstrable ability to recommend enhancements to business processes.
3. Outstanding project manager who coordinates communications, information, and highly skilled professionals to meet technology needs and evaluate progress while assuring smooth, efficient projects and activities.
4. Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communicator who can deliver effective presentations, consult on technology projects, and maintain collaborative relationships.
5. Exceptional problem-solver with keen ability to resolve technology issues, provide for system enhancements, analyze/define business processes for improvement, define, design, develop, and implement highly successful automated solutions, as well as find solutions where others have failed.
6. Significant role in mentoring senior level resources in the organization and grooming them as Leaders and Managers. Skilled in managing teams and administering areas like Performance Management, Career Development, Compensation Management and Progression.
7. Domain skills across 3 main domains, Financial Markets (3 years), Retail & Distribution (9 years) and Telecom (3 years) and rest in Business & System Applications.
- Key Account Management
- Delivery Management
- People Management
- Relationship Management
- Program/ Project Mgmt.
- Strategy Planning
- P&L Management
- Budgeting & Planning
- Pre-sales/ Business Analysis
- Business Transformation
- Innovation Services
- Best Practices Implementation
- Knowledge Management
- Process Transition
- Turnaround Management